What happens during a dental check-up?
At each check-up, your dentist will:
- Examine your teeth, gums and mouth.
- Ask about your general health and any problems you’ve had with your teeth, mouth, breath or gums since your last visit.
- Ask about, and give you advice on, your diet, smoking and alcohol use, and teeth-cleaning habits.
- Complete an oral cancer screen
- Examine your teeth checking for cavities, gum disease, cracked or broken teeth or fillings or fillings that are leaking.
Any issues that need addressing will be explained to you and you can advise how you wish to proceed.